Superior customer service is critical to the success of any service organization. This short customer service training course introduces entry-level customer service representatives to the fundamental principles and techniques required to deliver excellent service. The course also prepares students to achieve customer service certification.
As the first line of contact with customers, service representatives can influence customer perceptions and ensure their satisfaction and loyalty. In today’s competitive market, businesses must ensure that they are delivering the highest quality customer service.
- Developed by Chartered Service Professionals/Experts
- Accredited by Chartered Institute of Customer Relationship Management
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Minimum of 4 Hours Study/ Reading Per Day
- Minimum Duration: 10 Weeks
- Course Fee: $250 USD
Who Should Take This Customer Service Course?
This Customer Service Skills course is suitable for anyone working in a customer service role, at all levels of employment, who wishes to improve their service skills. This includes all employees who deal directly with customers face-to-face, over the telephone or by e-mail. Examples of professions who may find this course useful include, but are not limited to:
- Receptionists and front-of-house staff
- Call centre workers
- Online support staff
- Front-line sales and customer service staff
- Trade and self-employed workers (builders, plumbers, cleaners etc)
Certification and Accreditation
All of our courses are accredited by the Chartered Institute of Customer Relationship Management Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines. The courses offered by the College are unique as they take a very “hands on” approach. Our courses are not designed to teach you just the “theory” behind the industry – they are written and tutored by industry professionals and will fast-track you into a new career of your choice.
Sample Certificate (click to view)
How Does This Online Training Work?
Once you register for your course of study, you’ll receive a log-in and password for the online page. When you log-in, you’ll have access to the practice examination, study pack or pdf materials and other resources.
After you’ve gone through these materials and feel ready to take the examination, you can schedule yourself for the online examination.
The course is divided into five accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
- Introduction – the importance of customer service, the cost of poor customer service, internal and external customers, customer expectations, going above and beyond.
- Body Language and Listening – your appearance, open and closed body language, creating rapport, eye contact, the importance of active listening, body language and listening over the phone.
- Communication – self-awareness and confidence, politeness, acknowledging needs, positive phrases, avoiding jargon, beginning and ending interactions, communication over the phone.
- Dealing With Complaints – asking questions, admitting to mistakes, being empathetic, complaints over the phone, e-mail complaints, handling abuse, personal safety, what to do next.
- Evaluating Customer Service – social media, mystery shoppers, feedback and surveys, staff training.
Aims of this Training
In this customer service training course, participants learn the essential skills necessary to deliver excellent customer service through real world exercises and group activities. The course teaches service representatives critical skills in the areas of professionalism, communication, managing the call, managing the customer, managing job stress and other skills such as cross-selling (in the onsite class). The course ensures that the students can transfer these skills to the job and thereby provides a significant return on the training investment for the organization.
Assessment /Online Examinations
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 50 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 60%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don’t pass don’t worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Whether you are a student on our platform or not we encourage you to email your enquires to our friendly team if you need help with anything at email@example.com